G.O.Y.A is the Ascension of Our Lord's high school youth group. The primary focus of this ministry is to educate our youth about our Greek Orthodox Christian Faith and learn to incorporate those teachings into their daily lives. Through discussions and Diakonia (Service) Projects they learn "how" to live our Greek Orthodox Faith. In spending time together through Koinonia (fellowship) they learn of the JOY of Christ within each other! GOYA meets weekly on Monday evening from 7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. as per our September to May schedule. If you are in High School please come and join us!
MEETS: Mondays, 7:30-9 pm. All meetings will be held at the home just south of the Church, 1231 Riverwoods Rd., rented by Ascension during the construction project, unless a different location is specified in the calendar. Please join us for inspiring conversations, philanthropic projects and a lot of fun!
- Bowling event, October 15, Brunswick Zone Hawthorne. Click HERE for more information.
- Metropolis of Chicago Video Contest! Click HERE for details.
- IONIAN VILLAGE offered 2 sessions in the summer of 2018 for students currently in 9th—12th grade: June 15—July 4 and July 15—August 3. Registration opened March 1st.
- CROSSROAD 2018
Applications for CrossRoad 2018 are available for juniors or seniors in high school who are interested in applying to this 10-day summer program at Hellenic College Holy Cross! For more information, visit www.crossroadinstitute.org; or, or call 617-850-1310.
- SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE TO UNIVERSITY STUDENTS OF HELLENIC DESCENT through the Hellenic Link-Midwest Board (applications due October 15, 2018). Scholarships are $2,000 or more and applicants must have completed one year of college. For more information, click HERE.
- Scholarship Opportunities