ASCENSION OF OUR LORD GREEK SCHOOL
Our Greek School offers two programs from September through May: one for children and one for Adults/Adolescents
(1) Tuesday evening classes for children ages 4 to 15. (4:45 - 7 PM)
Our students are placed in language acquisition levels according to their language proficiency and age, in order to learn more effectively. Our focus is on conversation. Our teaching staff is highly educated and enthusiastic. In a warm and friendly environment our students learn the Greek language and Greek Orthodox tradition. New for 2018/19: A new series of books will be used with access to a digital platform for children to practice and learn at both school and home.
Online Registration: Beginning this year, we are encouraging everyone to apply electronically. Click HERE to access the online registration form. If you are unable to register online, you may download and print the 2018/19 Greek School registration form HERE and send it to the Church office (1207 Riverwoods Rd, Lincolnshire 60069). Registration form(s) are due August 20th.
Click HERE to access the remaining calendar for February - May (published 2.23.19)
- Open House: Tuesday, September 4, 2018, 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.*
- First Day of School with Agiasmos (Blessing of the Waters): Tuesday, September 11, 2018 @ 4:45 p.m.*
- Click to the 2018/2019 Calendar (Please note: calendar has been updated - see link above)
- 150 non-refundable registration fee which is credited to the tuition total of $550 per student per year.
- Click HERE for General Information
* Please note: Tuesday evening Greek School open house and classes will take place at Daniel Wright School, 1370 Riverwoods Road, a few blocks south of the Church.
(2) Thursday Greek for Adults / Adolescents classes
Two Semesters, 15-weeks each semester. 1st Semester: September-January. 2nd Semester: February-May
Beginners/Advanced Beginners: 6:15 - 7:30 p.m.
Intermediate/Advanced: 7:45 - 9 pm
Online Registration: Beginning this year we are asking everyone to apply electronically. Click HERE to register. If you are unable to register online, you may download and print the 2018/19 Greek School registration form HERE and send it to the Church office (1207 Riverwoods Rd, Lincolnshire 60069). Registration form(s) due August 20th.
This is a program for those who want to learn or improve their Greek. The focus is on conversational modern Greek and involves the students in conversation in a variety of social situations in a friendly atmosphere.
Registration form(s) due August 20th.
Registration Fee $50 credited to the tuition total of $300 per semester
- Open House for all Adult/Adolescent classes: Thursday, September 6, 2018, @ 6:30 pm
- Please note: Thursday evening Adult Greek School Open House and classes will take place at the home that Ascension rented just south of the church: 1221 Riverwoods Rd., Lake Forest.
ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS? Please contact Maria Theodoropulu at email@example.com; or, the Church office at 847.482.1200