The Ascension of Our Lord Board of Elections invites you to submit nominations for the 2024/25 Parish Council Election. If you or someone you know is a steward in good standing, is living an Orthodox Christian life, and desires to serve Christ and make a difference, please fill out the nomination form either by hardcopy, or by using the button below (preferred).
Nomination forms are due to the church office no later than Sunday, November 19, 2023 ,and must include a brief (100 word) biographical and statement of interest, and a recent photograph. Elections will take place on Sunday, December 10, 2023.
Parish Council Representative Responsibilities:
The Parish Council is the administrative body of the Church community elected by its stewards for the purpose of working together with the Parish Priest in fulfilling the mission and goals of the community. Serving on the Parish Council is a sacred trust, and representatives should desire to serve Christ first. Parish Council members are elected for a two-year term, and young adults are strongly encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Participating in monthly meetings that assist the clergy in guiding the church's operations and leadership
- Help to bring the church's mission and vision to fruition as a representative of the parish body
- Serving on a rotating basis as an usher for Divine Liturgies and other services
- Providing oversight and assistance with ministries as needed
- Serving and providing feedback to improve and grow our Ascension Parish community
Click HERE to download and print the nomination form and cover letter.