"Welcome one another, therefore, just as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God." - Romans 15:7
Through this website, we are pleased to introduce you to the worship and fellowship that defines the life of our Parish, the Ascension of Our Lord Greek Orthodox Church. If you are a new steward, or are considering joining our Parish community, these web pages will acquaint you with our Parish life and what Ascension offers to those who give it support and sustenance. To those who already belong to the Church, we hope the information on this website will provide you with the assurance that your sacrificial offerings are received with profound respect, and are utilized to maximum effectiveness. It is our prayer that the information presented here will enable you to make the informed decisions that are necessary for a meaningful relationship with your Church.
With God's help, Liturgical Services will continue at Ascension; however, by directive of our Metropolitan, and in compliance with our civil authorities, only the serving clergy and chanter can be present in the church for these services. At this time, none of the faithful are permitted to assemble. Please stream our services live HERE. As of March 14, 2020, all non-Liturgical meetings and events have also been cancelled or postponed until further notice. Click HERE to go to Ascension's COVID-19 Resource Page.
Out of love and protection for our faithful, the church building is closed and locked. We are available to you by phone from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m., and by email. Please do not hesitate to call our office at 847.482.1200 or contact us by email.
Sundays: Orthros: 8:15 a.m. | Divine Liturgy: 9:30 a.m. (Services suspended until further notice.)
Weekdays (As Scheduled on Scrolling Calendar):
Orthros: 8 a.m. | Divine Liturgy: 9 a.m. (unless otherwise noted)
March 29 - April 5, 2020
- Sunday, March 29: Sunday of St. John Climacus 8:15 a.m. Orthros | 9:30 a.m. Divine Liturgy. To follow along with the Orthros, click HERE. The DIvine Liturgy can be accessed HERE.
- Tuesday, March 31: 6 p.m. Paraklesis Service to the Theotokos. Follow along HERE
- Wednesday, April 1: 8:30 a.m. 9th Hour | 10 a.m. Pre-Sanctified Liturgy
- Wednesday, April 1st, the Great Canon of St. Andrew is also read. This service will not be streamed live but can be read HERE.
- Friday, April 3: 7 p.m.: Akathist Hymn
- Sunday, April 5: Sunday of St. Mary of Egypt 8:15 a.m. Orthros | 9:30 a.m. Divine Liturgy.
UPCOMING PARISH EVENTS/MEETING:
- Monday, March 30: 3 p.m. Jr. GOYA Zoom meeting | 4 p.m. GOYA Zoom Meeting | 7 p.m. Marriage Ministry Zoom Meeting
- Tuesday, March 31: 9:30 a.m. St. Anna's Orthodox Mothers' Ministry Zoom Meeting | 4 p.m. Greek School Upper Class Zoom Class
- Thursday, April 2: 10:30 a.m. Ascending in Orthodoxy Women's Bible Study by Zoom | 6 p.m.: Adult Greek Scool Beginners/Advanced Beginners Zoom Class | 7:30 p.m Adult Intermediate/Advanced Zoom Class
- Quick Clicks -
- Ascension's COVID-19 Resource Page
- Click HERE to become a Steward of Ascension!
- Click here to be redirected to the parish calendar for a full service schedule.
- Click to view this week's bulletin.
- Click to see the current issue of our AΝΑΛΗΨΗΣ newsletter
- Click HERE to read about Ascension's Ministries
Ascension of Our Lord Greek Orthodox Church
1207 Riverwoods Rd.
Lincolnshire, IL 60069
Father Sotirios P. Malamis, Proistamenos
Voice: (847) 482-1200
Fax: (847) 482-9566
For questions or suggestions about this website, contact the webmaster
5th Saturday of Lent: The Akathist Hymn; George the Righteous of Maleon; Righteous Plato the Studite; Nicetas the Hieromartyr, Struggler of Serrai (1808); Righteous Zosimas; Theonas, Archbishop of Thessaloniki, Founder and Renovator of the Sacred Monastery of Saint Anastasia of Pharmakolytria, Halkidiki; Theodoulos and Agathopous of Thessaloniki
Click HERE to view full monthly calendar