NOW IS THE TIME to buy a little extra food and donate clothing and supplies for our neighbors in need! Our Ascension 2023 Lenten Food & Supply Drive: Give Hope with Heart & Hands will assist military heroes who are at risk of homelessness and active-duty service members and families served by Midwest Veterans Closet. Please fill our baskets and bins with the following:
• Light Jackets and Spring Clothing
• Easter Baskets filled with goodies for children of the military families
• Seeds/Seed packets for the HEROES HAVEN FARM
• Canned Tuna
• Boxed Cereals, Instant Oatmeal
• Pancake Mix and Syrup
• Peanut Butter and Jelly
• Boxed Pasta Meals, Package Pasta, Pasta Sauce, Assorted Hamburger-Helper Meals
• Saltine Crackers, Ritz Crackers
• Cream of Mushroom Soup, Cream of Chicken Soup, Tomato Soup & Chicken Noodle Soup
• Pork n' Beans, Canned Ravioli & Spaghetti O's
• Pudding, Jell-O & Rice Pudding Cups
• Granola Bars, Breakfast Bars
• Individual Snacks - Chips, Goldfish & Packaged Cookies
• Paper Goods, Small Paper Towel Packs, Toilet Paper
• Snack, Sandwich, Quart & Gallon-Size Bags
• Pre-paid Gas Cards/Jewel Cards
Our labeled baskets and bins are located outside the Fellowship Hall.
DROP YOUR DONATIONS OFF
During Lent, on Sunday mornings, Wednesday/Friday evenings; OR Monday - Fridays from 10 am-3 pm in the labeled baskets and bins located outside Ascension's Fellowship Hall.
CAN I MAKE A MONETARY DONATION INSTEAD?
If you desire to contribute financially, please mail a check payable to Ascension of Our Lord, with "Project HOPE Fund” in the memo, and mail to:
Ascension of Our Lord
1207 Riverwoods Rd.
Lincolnshire, IL 60069
WHAT IS Project HOPE?
“Project HOPE” (Humanitarian Outreach and Philanthropic Engagement was created by the Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Chicago (“Metropolis”) to partner with local parishes to help provide food security andstable housing to those in need. At this time, Ascension will assist in meeting the needs of local homeless and working poor families served by Vernon Hills Township Food Pantry, as well as veterans and families served by the Midwest Veteran’s Closet.
If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you or someone you know needs assistance, please contact Fr. Sotiri directly at 847.482.1200; email@example.com.
Project HOPE maintains the anonymity of all beneficiaries and does not share information about its beneficiaries without their prior consent.